Sunday, April 1, 2012

New To Blogging!

        Welcome to my blog!  Well this is my first time setting up something like this so hopefully it will keep looking better and better each time as this course goes on.  This course will be my first real class to my Masters in Teacher Leadership program.  I hope to gain a better understanding of how classes are going to go as well as learn more about what teacher leadership means and skills to better yourself in becoming a teacher leader.  The knowledge I gain from this course will not only help prepare me for the public elementary school systems but also will help me become more of a teacher leader.  This being my early years of teaching, I am eager to keep learning and do whatever I can to better myself as a teacher.

7 comments:

  1. Just seeing is I can post anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK....now that I know something was posted. Here's what I basically said for the 4th time.

    I to, lol..as is obvious, am new to blogging. I guess i'll have to get used to it but I find it frustrating getting help from UoP. Their tech couldn't help. My advosor couldn't help. The instructor has not been much help. She tole me to contact my advisor and my advisor said she couldn't even accesss the syllabus so she laid it back to the instructor..

    This is my second master's and so far IT'S HARDER!!!!

    I am knew to blogging, Windows 7, Word 2010, Power point 2010, and an on line university. But, hopefully, with some help, I and we'll get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! yeah sounds like you are having some problems, sorry about that. Thats no fun. Hope its getting easier for you. So what was your first masters in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley,

    I love your blog! Very cool! I think we may be in the same boat. Have you started teaching yet? I just finished my BAEE, and I just got my teacher certification.

    ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Well I am going on my second year of teaching kindergarten. I got my bachelors of science in early childhood/elementary education and am now getting the masters of teacher leader. The only thing is that I have not gotten my teacher certification because there is one part of a test that I have not been able to pass. I'm very frustrated cause through all this schooling there is just one part of the test that is in my way. The reason why I am able to teach right now is because its at a specific private school.
      -Ashley

      Delete
    2. That is so awesome! I haven't started teaching yet. I hope to get a job some day soon. :)
      ~Tricia

      Delete
    3. It's awesome to a point...private schools don't pay, we have no breaks...no prep time...expected to have everything on the walls in classrooms no older than two weeks, and are open 6-6:30.........How is the teaching jobs market where you live?

      Delete