Monday, April 9, 2012

Strengths!

     Wow its amazing how much I agree with what I found with the strengths finder quiz.  It seemed like a very long quiz at first and was unsure how those questions would give me results I was looking for but with the results I was very impressed.  I found that my five personal strengths are woo, empathy, communication, futuristic, and positivity.
   Now with looking at strength-based leadership, I find that strength based leadership is very important and can help be very supportive in a community of practice.  Its a very positive way of working with others which is needed.  I work better through out my days of teaching when things are not only positive but working through my strengths.  Things would be very hard if things were looked at through a weakness-based leadership.  Would a workplace really be enjoyable and happy working through a weakness-based?  I do understand though the point of knowing a persons weakness and making them stronger and turning them into their strengths....but then wouldn't that mean that a weakness-based way automatically turns into a strength-based? or am I starting to confuse myself?>

1 comment:

  1. ever since I took that test and the other ones I have been thinking of my strengths a lot. I have been thinking is it good to have these strengths, is it good to let others know you have have these strengths? This conversation has been going on, (hopefully mostly in my head and not out loud?!) and I see that you are thinking about it too. I agree that it would be a sad meeting with the "boss" if all they did was point out the weaknesses and not commended me on something good or that was working. Heck! If you just focus on your strengths and keep strengthen those there won't be time to worry about the weakness! Did I confuse you even more?

    ReplyDelete